*This post contains a review of Motivated Moms E-Book Chore Planners.*
There is a fine line that every homeschool mom has to learn to walk gracefully. That is the line between educating your children and maintaining a clean and functioning home. While on the surface it seems to be a doable task there are challenges in this for many moms.
With mom and children home all day, messes and clean ups are going to always be in progress. As quickly as one area is clean, another area needs serious help. Toss in three meals at home each day, laundry that never seems to end, and a couple of hands on learners it can seem a never ending battle to find that balance. Even for those of us who might be walking the line between homeschool mom and home manager, all it takes is a small crisis to knock us off balance.
What Is A Mom To Do?
When mom needs to get a handle on managing her home, sometimes help or assistance is needed. Motivated Moms is one option that any mom can easily incorporate into her life and begin building order and organization in her home.
Motivated Moms is a chore and task planner that aids you in maintaining a clean home through scheduled chores and task. Using the Motivated Moms planner helps you to have a clean, organized home while still having time for life. Motivated Moms’ house cleaning system rotates regular chores and tasks while also keeping you on track with the daily routines as well.
Two Motivated Moms Options
Depending on your style of organization, there are two options available for purchasing and implementing Motivated Moms:
- For those who prefer to utilize technology, Motivated Moms has an iOS App for your iPhone, iPad, and iPod. A full year server access is available for $7.99.
- For those who prefer, an e-book form of Motivated Moms is available that can be printed. The e-book version comes in a variety of styles. You can choose half-sized or full sized planners, black and white or a touch of color, and you even have the option of having a Bible reading plan included. Depending on your layout preference, you can choose to view a day at a time or a week at a time. All print versions are dated and cover January – December 2014. A two-week meal planning form is included as well. For $8.00 you have a year of chore organization at your fingertips in a layout that works for you.
How Did Motivated Moms Work For Me?
For this review, I chose an ebook planner; full size, black and white planner that shows a week at a time. Purchasing and downloading the chore planner was simple and easy. I printed out the planner, hole punched it and placed it in my binder. Initially my plan was to keep the current week at the front of my binder for easy reference. After a couple of weeks, I opted to place a page inside a page protector and hung it on the refrigerator. With older children in the home, it was beneficial for all of us to have access to the scheduled tasks.
The system is presented in a straight forward, organized manner. On one side of the page, daily tasks (such as feeding pets, emptying trash, and sweeping the kitchen) are listed along with seven check boxes. The right side of the page has the weekly breakdown of chores. Some of the tasks are: dusting children’s rooms, changing sheets, cleaning toilets, and watering plants. Along with regular tasks, less frequent ones are included as well: cleaning jewelry, ordering free credit report, and changing air filters.
Once I had the Motivated Moms chore system in our home, I realized that it needed a bit of tweaking to flow well. Throughout the planner, various tasks are scheduled for once a week or every couple of days. In our home, this time schedule would not work well. For example, cleaning toilets needs to happen more than once a week and one check box for laundry isn’t going to work for our family of ten.
However, I came up with a method to make Motivated Moms work for me. By having a week at a glance, I could adjust the various chores and task to flow with our schedule for that week. Tasks scheduled for a day we would be out of the house could be skipped for the week or moved to a different day. When Caleb had two trips to the operating room, the older children could easily glace at our Motivated Moms’ week and keep the house maintained and make sure the most important tasks were not overlooked.
Is Motivated Moms Chore Planner For Me?
I often felt that I was struggling to walk that line between educating my children and maintaining a level of clean and organization in my home. With us home daily, eating three meals at home, homeschooling several children, little ones making messes,and the normal events of life, it seemed a no-win situation for this organizationally challenged mom. What I discovered after implementing Motivated Moms was that I was accomplishing more than I thought. However, it was nice to have the visual reminder of tasks to help me stay on track on the hectic days. Honestly, some days get crazy quickly and you can easily forget to start dinner or switch the laundry.
Who Could Benefit from a Motivated Mom Chore Planner
Does everyone need a Motivated Moms Chore Planner? I don’t think so. I know there are many moms out there that have a system that works well for their home. We are all at different points in life and all facing various challenges. I do think Motivated Moms can be a wonderful asset, help, and tool for many! Who would benefit from a Motivated Moms Chore Planner:
- Mom with a new baby – no matter whether is is the first little one or the fifth. A new addition in the family can be a big time of adjustment.
- Newlywed – Having a Motivated Moms planner can help set the foundation for a lifetime of successful home management
- Family/Life Crisis – Mom is sick, a child has surgery, or dad loses his jobs; all of these events can throw the best of us off track. Having this system available can be a blessing during these times. Who wants to think about laundry or clean bathrooms during these times? It still has to get done.
- Organizationally Challenged – For the wife/mom who just can’t seem to set up and implement a system, this is perfect. The day’s and week’s schedules of tasks/chores are not overwhelming. It provides a guideline to help you have a clean home and time for life. No matter your age or stage in life, Motivated Moms can be a great tool to get you organized!
I’m Just Not Sure
Have more questions? A few doubts if this home management system would work for you? Motivated Moms allows you to print a sample page of each ebook version. This helps you see which layout would work best for you. Here is the sample page of the version I chose. If you would like the iOS app, you can demo two weeks for free.
You can also connect with Motivated Moms on Facebook and Twitter.
Other Crew members reviewed the ebook and the iOS versions of Motivated Moms. To get a picture of how this chore planner could work for you, see what moms from all walks of life, with various family sizes and demands have to say at the Schoolhouse Review Crew Blog!